Below is a list for over the counter medications, that are safe to use during pregnancy. You must avoid any drug use during your pregnancy, specially during your first 14 weeks. If you have ” minor” symptoms and require medications Please make your slection from the list below. If your symptoms persist, please discuss them with your docotr on your next visit or if necessary call the office for further advice all medication should be used in moderation. Remember if you have any queations or concerns do not take any medications that are not listed below without speaking with your doctor or the nursing staff. 850-398-8940
HEADACHE/ ROUTINE ACHES & PAINS:
- Tylenol ( generic equivalent)Regular or extra strength. Do not use Nuprin, Advil, Ibuprophen or Aleve.
Increase the intake of water during the day and add more fiber to your meals
- Metamucil any form
- Milk of magnesium
- Prilosec OTC
Avoid eating solids for 24 hrs, if diarrhea persists or worsens, contact doctors office ASAP.
- Kaopectate, 2 tbs as needed; up to 7 times in 24 hrs.
- Procto Foam
- Preparation H
COUGH/ COLD/ SINUS CONGESTION:
- Zyrtec D
- Robitussin/ Robitussin DM (2 tsp every 4 hrs)
- Sucrets or Chloraseptic spary for sore throat
- Chlortrimeton ( 2tsp every 4 hrs)
- Chlortrimeton (1, 4mg tablet every 4 hrs)
IF YOU HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT THESE MEDICATIONS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR NURSING STAFF. 850-398-8940